Monday, January 23, 2012

Winter Invitational Swim Meet


The weather to get to and from the race wasn't good.  However, the weather was unable to dampen our spirits and motivation to have some fun!

*A nice winter drive

The swim meet was fun, it seemed like Brown a.k.a Beat-Up-The-Beat and I were in a constant state of just about “losing it” in side-splitting laughter.  It’s rare to have events when it is all about fun.  Usually races are about focus and testing yourself. I always have fun, but I like to win too much to joke around.  Generally speaking, if I’m not 100 percent focused on trying to get the best out of myself and win, then I am not having fun.


*Brodacious and Beat-Up-The-Beat Brown

*Reminds me of wrestling tournaments


A prime example of our contagious humor is after the meet we went to Subway.  The joint was empty and the person making our subs seemed a little lonely working the evening shift. He even muttered, "I hate this job" at one point of our conversation  By the time we left, we had the Subway guy laughing and joking just as much as we were.  We turned his attitude right around, that’s what I am talkin’ about!  Never underestimate how much the smallest things can mean to people.  I like to think we made his day better.


*Brown swimming the 200 free

*Someone is nervous

*Someone isn't nervous, I was busting at the seams with laughter


I trained pretty hard during the days leading up to the swim meet, but it's early in the season for fast swimming, that just comes with the territory of winter competition.  I was lucky enough to win my age division, but I wasn’t all that satisfied with my times.  Although, to put any negative tone to this race report would be a huge mistake, I think it was a great adventure and I am happy.  Brown had a really good meet, he kicked some butt in the 200 free and even managed to out-touch me in the 50 breast and 50 fly.  I think we both had a good time, I am thankful he made the trip with me.


*Mixed heat of the 200IM

*50 breast

*Backstroke warmup

*This is what you see during the backstroke or getting pinned in wrestling

*I would title this picture, "Not Impressed."

*Not great times, but not a bad result in my age division

There is not much else to say, we had a great time, we had a great adventure, and we had a lot of fun.  Swim Championships are in two months, fun and jokes won't cut it there, I know what must take place if I want to do well at that meet.  Thanks for reading.

*More inclement weather driving