Monday, April 16, 2012

Spring Classic Triathlon: Part 1 of 2


If I were to tell you that I drove 280 miles on Saturday, and then rode in a car for another 180 miles with Kevin driving, raced, and then drove 280 miles back home, you might call me “nuts.” 


Well that’s what I did, over 740 miles over and back in less than 30 hours.  I consider it a small sacrifice to live my dreams.  I didn’t do it because I love to drive, I did it because I love to race and I love to share adventures with Kevin and Anne. 

 I have driven more for a race, and will do it again if it means a good day of triathlon.  I have gotten up at 2am to drive to a race and thought nothing of it.  I love to race that's all part of it.  It doesn't phase me.  There has always been great satisfaction in doing the things that other people don't want to do to succeed.


*A group ride developed at the gas-n-sip I fueled up at

This lifestyle isn’t right for everyone, it certainly isn’t the dream life for 99 percent of the population, but it’s my dream, and I am living my dream.  Driving my sweet car is a small price to pay to live my dream. :)

Despite the uncharacteristic short stay, our group was able to squeeze in a lot of great adventures.  Kevin and I had a pre-race warmup ride on Saturday around Seattle.  Being a Montana boy, riding in Seattle was an experience, or should I say sensory overload. 



 Montana has (what I naively presume to be) the most epic cycling on earth. Seattle cycling, albeit strikingly different, is beautiful in it’s own ways.  The early season green, the large man-made infrastructures, the city views, the winding bike paths, and the bustling cycling scene were new to me. 

*Sweet bikes

*Kevin looking sharp

*Rockin' the Triathlete Magazine kit

*My twin turbos

It was great to share that adventure with Kevin, we had a great pre-race ride of about an hour and half before Anne cooked us an amazing meal.  Anne prepared a delicious dinner of healthy and nutritious items.  Anne’s sister and her boyfriend joined us so we had a great little dinner party. 

*The two chefs, Kev and Anne. I diced the tomatoes and that wasn't easy either

*Saturday night NASCAR!

The nutritious and delicious meal left us satisfied and fueled for the race the next day.  A big thank you to Kevin and Anne for the great tri suite and gourmet meal.  

*Kevin won the award for best presentation

*If you never know where the road will take you, get navigation.