Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Halloween!

 My friend, Ayla, and I decided to go to this huge Halloween dance party as part of our off season fun.  The party was awesome, quite possibly the best party I've ever been to.  The combination of  costumes, great music, and a huge dance party made for one sweet celebration. Thanks to Ayla for going with me so I didn't have to go alone. Plus, dancing is great exercise so technically I think I am covered here. 
 
*The detail of the jaw bone blows my mind, no idea how I got it to look this good.
 
A few days before Halloween I got this idea that "I have to paint my face as a skeleton," a legit one at that.  I studied how to do it, bought the supplies and after 3 hours of prep and an hour of actual painting we had the mission accomplished.  I think it was pretty cool. There were some insane costumes there, this one guy went as Predator and took the $3,000 grand prize.  Runner up was Bernie, from Weekend at Bernie's. I personally think Bernie should have won because he was in character the whole time, even doing Bernie's saunter while on the dance floor, he made his own costume, and he was spot on to the movie.  I digress.
 
*Ayla went as Sandy from Grease, I know that at times she was thinking "What did he get me into?"
 
One of my favorite things about the whole night was telling people that I liked their costume and seeing their genuine appreciation for the compliment.  Some people worked really hard to create their costumes, it was obvious the time they spent, and I, of all people, am one to appreciate effort in creative self expression.  It was a really fun night, the people were super nice, and we all had a good time. 
 
*Moonwalking skeleton
 
I went as a skinny-jeans skeleton, and yes, my dance moves were the hit of the party.  All those years of watching Youtube and practicing my dances moves paid off.   
 
Halloween always marks the start of the holiday season, Thanksgiving will be here in an eye blink, I hope everyone is resting up and recovering.