Sunday, March 9, 2014

CDA Swim Meet

 *Thanks to my parents for coming to watch, they are always great.

The Spring Splash swim meet has been one of my favorite swim meets since I first did it in 2012.  Every year has gotten better and better as I have added more events and friends.  The meet this year was by far the toughest swim meet I have done.  I did 16 events and it was a killer.  Friday night was the brute squad; 400 ind. medley, 1500 freestyle, and the 200 fly.  Swimming those three events in one evening was unbelievably hard.  From my last lap of the 1500m free and the start of the 200 fly I had only 5 mins of rest. 

I swam a personal best by 9 seconds in the 400IM, but the back to back 1500 free and 200fly was tough and I struggled to finish the 200 fly...love that feeling.  It was the single hardest day of swimming ever for me, I swam hard all evening and left the pool at 10pm, and I paid for the hard effort on Saturday.  

*Evan did great! A big thank you to him for wearing such a LEGIT sweatsuit. Run DMC would be proud.

Thanks to Stephanie for going to watch and cheer for me, she was a gem :)

I set a personal best in the 100 back the next day, but the rest of the events were not personal best and I fought for all I was worth just to finish them. It was fun to fight that hard (in a sort of sick and twisted way). Four people, including me, swam the maximum of 16 events, including a Friday night brute squad, and I tip my hat to them because that was is a huge feat. It was great to be able to rely on each other through out the day.  It is true what they say, misery does love company. lol 

*Lana and I in the 400IM.  She gets a shout out because she was one of the four who did the 16 event max, including the Friday Night Brute Squad. I apologize because I am forgetting who the other folks were, I want to say James Adams and Sean Murphy did it as well. 
  
*Raise your hand if you love swimming.  Ohhhh me me me!

*Oooo me too!

Great job to my swim friends, too numerous to mention, but never far from my list of appreciation.  Evan and Ayla did great in their events, and Patti again amazed everyone with her skills.  Thank you to everyone for coming to the meet, Evan, my parents, Ayla’s parents, my Montana and Eastern Wash. swim friends, and of course, Stephanie for her cheers. I had an amazing time with all of them, the dinner at Azteca after the swim meet was like heaven on a plate and I can’t wait until next year.   

*One our our group's favorite things; post race at Azteca.  We always eat here after the CDA meet and I look forward to it all year long. 

*My kitchen chalkboard

Happy St. Patrick's Day, and happy start to spring, everyone!  Thanks for following, lots of stuff on the way!