Thursday, June 19, 2014

Spring Festival and Moses Lake Triathlons

The first two triathlons of the season have quietly come and gone.  Last year I won both of these races.  This year I committed to other dreams, but I'm not one to just roll over and let people have my title without a fight.

*Group picture from the Spring Festival Triathlon

*Group picture (Wyman Family plus me) from Moses Lake Triathlon

My race fitness is slowly coming back, but I under-estimated how hard the road back from bodybuilding would be. I definitely felt the vulnerable parts of my attack plans during these two races. I had a nice lead coming off the bike in both races, but I am still running like a bodybuilder and wound up 2nd place at both races. Both times I was suffering on the run and Josh Fitchitt was closing down the gap to me up until the finish line.  Patience, Bryan, the run will come. :)

*I will always shake your hand and tell you good job...but, the "I'm going to get you next time, sucker" is silently implied at the end.  lol

*Bryan Lindsey and Josh Fitchitt both ran like the wind, good job to both of them.

*Thanks for screwing up the dinner picture, Bryan!

*One of the my favorite pictures; Grandma Wyman makes me smile. She made me a very nice picture-book of the races. She refers to me as "The Glamor Child."

*My friend, Donn Livoni, is one of the most inspiring specimens of fitness I have ever met.  Nice guy as well.

*Great job to David and Richard Ling of Team Hammer

*Thanks to Ayla and her family for the pictures, cheers, and occasional ribbing.

*As always, thanks to Rory, Deanna, and Jenna of Budu Racing for their efforts and support. We are all lucky to have them.