Friday, October 31, 2014

Happy Halloween!

Anyone who knows me probably knows I can be eccentric, and I have an eye for decorating, fashion, and organization. Those things bring me a lot of satisfaction in everyday life.  I am the type of person who embraces creativity, even if it is a bit over the top at times. :)

 
I follow my curiosity and inspirations to do just about anything that excites me.  Once I find inspiration, I systematically plan and see it through. I enjoy the excitement of the planning, and working towards the big payoff.  I don't limit my pursuits. Once the effect wears off, I move on with the memories and fun. Some call that being random, some call it being a Rockstar.  I haven't found a lot of things that have excited me this year. However, Halloween, for some reason was one of those things that really sparked my interest.
 
I like to impress people and make them feel good. Creativity is one of my strongest character traits and I show it in a variety of ways, an example would be decorating my house inside and out for pretty much every major holiday.  I like to create a stir and I like people to have an experience of exploration and excitement when they come over. I try and do that with my house décor and holiday decorations. 
 
I get this from my dad. When he was a young man he took great care of his house, car, and career.  I melt inside when my neighbors come over to compliment me on my house, yard, and decorations. I enjoy those compliments because it reminds me of my dad, and make me feel good because it reflect positively on me. I not so secretly enjoy being the young punk who has his "stuff" together. 
 
Long story short here: This year I found my adventures in other places, Halloween was one of those places, and I would like to share my adventure with those of you who could not see it first hand.  If you are wondering, I did not post any pictures of the outside decorations because I feel that putting pictures of your house up on a public forum is never a good idea. Sad, but true.  
 
*Okay, maybe just one. Enter if you dare.
 
*My inspiration sparked after my 2013 skeleton face.
 
*The entire costume took about 3 hours.  Bone-exposed wounds complete with infected skin flaps. A lot of people felt the desire to finger my wounds at the party. Especially the blood-gushing one on the side of my torso. Sick.  lol

*Boiling skin on my face and a gaping neck wound. I look smug in this picture :)
  
*My dance moves were a key costume component at the wild and roaring Halloween bash downtown. 

*Dining table. I made the Jason Mask myself.  
 
*Panorama
 
*Kitchen chalkboard
 
 
 
*Living room

*Entry way


*Basement
 
*More basement
 
*We obviously had a great time, despite our faces. Thanks to Ayla for sharing in the adventure!
 
 
Now it's time to kickoff prime holiday decorating season!