Saturday, March 28, 2015

Spring Swim Championships 2015

The University of Idaho is one of my favorite swim venues.  We were lucky because they again hosted the spring championships.

*Stretching in the 500 freestyle
 
I won't lie, I've lost my mojo and have been struggling to find it. Despite that fact, I swam a very hard schedule of events that included the 400 and 200IM, 200 butterfly, 500free, 200back, and a few other races and relays.  While my times were not my fastest, I was somewhat satisfied that I was fairly close to my best times, and that I worked through the level of fatigue in doing such a hard schedule. 
 
*Mini adventure that only I appreciate
 
This is weird, but one thing I always look forward to for the Moscow Idaho meet is sock shopping.  Ross is right next to campus (and there is nothing else to do in the town) so every year I always go to Ross after day 1 of the meet and stock up on socks. This is the only time I visit Ross and the only day I purchase socks. I actually look forward to the mini adventure every year. Every time I leave Moscow I leave with happy feet.  

*The snacks at Moscow are always the best on the circuit.
 
*Thanks to Stephanie for going to the Saturday Night Swim Social and for cheering for me. Somehow the punishment of the 200 butterfly seems slightly less having her at the end of the lane cheering.

I can't believe it's April already, the clock is ticking.