Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Anchorman Seattle



The trip "operation San Diego-Seattle" was planned, the minds set and objectives clear: obtain tickets to Championship in California or implode trying. Kevin and I had our minds set to race an event in Seattle called Anchorman, a unique race in which the start was a 5+ foot plunge off a ferry boat and swim to shore. The people who do well at this race get paid entry to the sprint championships a month later in San Diego, California.
 Unfortunately, the week of the race the event was cancelled. The championship slots we should have won (I know that we could [and would] have gotten them, we were very motivated and prepared) became a "never was" when the race was cancelled. Just goes to show you should never take anything for granted, especially in triathlon, because it can be gone just that quickly. I feel bad for my family in Seattle, they were all looking forward to the race, and for Kevin because he and I would have cleaned up with awards at that race. I hope the series survives and we are able to secure our slots next year.