Monday, September 7, 2009

...The Last Two Races

**The Finish Line I never Crossed

I can usually count on catching a "bug" twice a year, once in the winter and once in the summer. My summer bug came in August, I missed two races because of it.

One race I was too sick to even think about starting. The second race I was too sick to finish it, withdrawing after a slow swim and a lack luster bike.

Here are a few pictures of those two races.

**Radio personality Dave Norman telling me jokes before the swim start. Dave is the nicest guy on the triathlon circuit


**The Start of First Annual ZooTown Triathlon

**4th out of the pool

**2nd place after the bike, very sick


**Heading out on the run in 2nd place, I withdrew a few minutes later, too sick to run another step.

I have had a few weeks to recover, I feel much better going into the most adventurous race ever... (lead to next race Sept. 13) Look for the post :)