Monday, October 22, 2012

Whitworth Swim Meet


The Whitworth swim meet was a fantastic adventure.  My family and friends were all a special part of the adventure. It was great to have my parents there to watch and cheer me on, and have my friends there to share the competition and laughter with. I can always pick out my mom's cheers, she thinks I am the coolest cat in the whole world. Jodi couldn't make it to the meet, but she was checking in on me after each of my events and telling me she was thinking about me. These are special moments, of which I am so thankful for :)

*The swim crew!

*Skip to the end, the Mexican Fiesta...of champions!

The competition we shared was great, we all did fantastic in our events.  Ayla completed here first swim meet doing superbly.  Jess swam back to back to back events and handled it perfectly.  Brown swam some tough events including the 200 breast and powered the last leg of our relay.  My Montana friend, Donn, did a great job despite celebrating a little too much when he was left out of the 500 freestyle :)  Evan had a strong showing in all his events.  I did okay for myself, swimming personal bests in 4 of 5 events, not bad for a chump.

*It was great to have Jess and Evan stay with me.

*Not too bad. :)

Some of the best events were our relays, our team placed 3rd in one and 1st in another.  The relay that we won was really close and came down to a last second pass with Brown out touching 2nd place by half a hand.  It was fun to watch.

*Evan launches during the relay

*Ayla swimming in her first swim meet and relay, you go girl.

*Our team cheering on Brown during the final relay leg.

*Me telling Brown, "Dude, you did it!  You out-touched him!"

*This is the face of a winner!  Who said I only post flattering pics?

*Getting up early to cheer isn't easy either!

As I previously said, we all did great in our combined 20 plus events.

*Jess in action

*Brown hurting it in the 200 breast. Brutal.

*Evan checking his time after the 1000 free

*Brodacious all wound up for the backstroke...

*3...2...1...launch

*Evan and Jess sharing a moment


*Have you ever seen three cooler dudes?

*I am hamming it up and making Evan laugh

*Counting the laps for Evan during the 1000 free

*One of the most priceless moments of the day was when Jane asked me, "Young man, can you help me find my results?"  That moment melted my heart, candid and priceless.

The day was one of great memories and fun.  I am so lucky to have shared those memories with my family and swim friends.

Thanks for reading and sharing.