Sunday, March 31, 2013

Spring Has Sprung!

I had a super busy weekend, so busy some would say it was "spinning." I prefer to say it was "flipping amazing."  See what I did there?


I went to Patti and Ed's house for some training, laughter, and generally speaking a very nice visit.  I could tell they really liked having me because I am a real prize.  They were just as happy to see me leave for the exact same reason.  :) jk.


Lewis and Clark saw this same view over 200 years ago, think about that.

Patti urged me to bring my mountain bike so we could go on a bike ride together.  We rode for nearly three hours... yes, three hours.  How many 78 year olds ride a bike for that long, geez?  I could barely keep up with her and her let's-get-to-the-top-of-the-hill-before-we-rest attitude.  It's clear why we are friends.


*Two hours and thinking "What did I get myself into?" :)

*Two hours and still smiling.


Before dinner, Patti made us all go for a 2 mile hike around their house because in her words, "Ed needs his exercise."  It made me laugh that we all had to go with him.  I thought about Uriah's silent protest method of having collapsing legs.  

*We relaxed while Patti cooked a healthy dinner.  Just before this pic I said, "Act natural."

*Patti and I played ping pong going back and forth in marathon sets.  I played my hardest...and won every game.  I figured I'm going to do my best because Patti holds just about every swim record and she would be ashamed if I went easy.

*I generally dislike games, but when I have to play, I play to win...seriously.

*Ed and Patti built their own log house.  I slept upstairs in the loft guest bed.  

My sister, Mackenzie, is organizing a yoga camp and is in the process of writing yoga literature.  I let her take some pictures for her work while I did my best at the poses she instructed me to do.  Of all the things I am great at-- jokes, impressions, faking injuries to not lift heavy things, being dramatic, wearing sweet outfits-- yoga is not one of my bests.

*It's EAGLE!...wait no shouting in yoga...it's eagle (ssshhh).

*Standing triangle, son. lol

*The trampoline crew

*Uriah rode Patch

*Paisley rode a saddle on a hitching post. ha ha

*Uriah helped Papa

*and jumped on the trampoline

*Mackenzie and Uriah

*It's been a long time, but I still have it like it was yesterday.  When I was 10 years old my parents told me, "Bryan, no back flips on the trampoline."  I waited until they weren't home and back flipped my little heart out.  When they got home and asked, "What ya been doing?"  I said, "Oh...uhhh...hmm...nothing."

*Want to know what it looks like back-flipping 15 feet off the ground?  About like this.

After all those fun activities, my family fixed a gourmet dinner of all of our favorites.  My parents slaved all day cooking and preparing food for our big family dinner.  I went for 30 days without a treat, sweet, or dessert.  On the 31st I had some M&Ms and some chocolate pie. It was so delicious that I will probably think about it everyday of the next 30 days.  It was a great ending to a fantastic weekend. 

Thanks for reading, Spring has sprung!